Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Movin' On Up

I'm excited to announce that I just purchased my airplane tickets to and from Marrakesh with one of my good gal pals (Chelsea)! I need to talk to my other friend Kathleen who is coming in on the same day as Chelsea, but her situation is a bit more unique. She is coming with her step-mom who needs to see a crazy amount of scenery in only a short span. I know they are planning on going to Italy, Morocco and explore various places in Spain in 10 days!
Anyway, we booked the tickets (which I only have cash right now and nothing on my Spanish bank card so I literally had to use the last of my American money...grrrrr. All the ridiculous charges for using an American card is beyond me) for Wednesday, May 8th - Sunday, May 12th!!! It's going to be hotter than hell but such an adventure! I can't wait to go ziplining, camel trekking, check out the colorful busy open markets and for my Euros to finally go far! --- SOOOO EXCITED!!!

I am looking forward to my trip to Greece at the end of the month as well with Laura and Jackie. Jackie and I did absolutely NOTHING over Puente break other than work on school stuff (presentations, new units, worksheets, etc) and then on the last day during the last hours of light we took the time to book two places for our grand adventure!

The first place will be the first island we travel to: the island of Mykonos
It says its a 10 minute walk to the beach and right in the center of town. Thoroughly looking forward to my first Grecian sunrise and sunset :)
http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/greece/mykonos-island/5379/

This one is the awesome one. Fingers crossed that we get a room that overlooks the water (this place is located right on cliffs!) Apparently the owner is a mean old lady that shuts down the jacuzzi after 8 PM but we decided we would take our chances because you can't beat the view!

http://www.kafierisapartments.gr/

So no new news about the weather here in Cordoba. The rain just does not want to let down. Thank goodness I found a huge paragua (umbrella [or brullie as the Scottish say]) in my apartment building. No, I know it was not kind of me to take the umbrella but it had been pouring about a month ago when I had to leave for work and I panicked because when my first little umbrella broke I had a ceremonial "throw this piece on the ground, kick it around a bit and then throw it in the garbage" and I felt this was justified because the sun began to appear...But to my dismay the rain began up again. So I looked around and it was like a present from the rain gods telling me to take it so I did. I have every intention on returning the umbrella to the same spot right by the mailboxes when the rain decides to stop. Do you think it continues to rain here in Cordoba because of karma? I hope not.

Since I did not do a darn thing this past weekend I have decided to go to Sevilla tomorrow. Although I've been a couple of times I have not played tourist in the town since I arrived back in September. Jackie has her friend from VA visiting so it should be fun. I have some change to spare and a free Friday as well.

Heather told me about a cleanse that she is beginning on Friday and I think I'm going to do it. Its really just what I need...for those of you that get easily offended read no more.

I am so constipated because of the food choices in this country and I need a colon blow or something!

Tori and Dad are supposed to be calling me this weekend to chat. That will be very nice especially considering I haven't spoken to Tori since she left on December 3oth, 2009. Bummed.

I'm really proud of Mom. She is successfully putting together her biggest masterpiece to date: a book!!!! Mom is truly an amazing woman and so creative and enthusiastic, driven and I cannot wait to read what she has written. I hope to be picking up her book in the front of a major retailer, you know...in one of those glass cases in the display window.

Haven't been to soccer practice in 3 weeks because of the rain and in essence laziness probably. Hopefully we will have practice tomorrow if the weather holds up but I'm not making any promises. I think I may have to wake up the rain gods tomorrow after my laundry dries. Once you have 3 weeks off...why stop there!

Well, I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment