Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Days

Nothing is scarier than trying to figure out the future. Unfortunately I will always have the mindset that I'm living for tomorrow not for today. Good 'ole Des'ree.
I had a rather entertaining weekend here in Cordoba but I'm about ready to take flight again. I can't be grounded for far too long.
So what did I do this weekend? Stuff that I should have gotten out of my system while I was in college. Hah.
No, but I went over to Jacqueline and Caitlyn's place around 8 on Thursday. I felt good and I actually got ready to look good for a public place because I've been looking trashy and not at all concerned with my looks all week. So I arrive and we begin the night by opening a bottle of wine. Which turns into 2 more. I have a migraine thinking about it all over again. Spanish music quickly got turned to Juvenile and Beyonce and we were ready to head out. At 1 AM. Yikes bikes. So we take a couple of chupitos before heading out the door....because, well I want to make sure I'm not buying any drinks for the night.
I didn't feel like Vial Norte at the start of the night but by the time we headed out, well I didn't care...you could say that. Now, you must understand that Cordoba is a very shallow town and Vial Norte is full of even more shallow men and women...so we go to some bar that I don't remember the name anymore and Caitlyn my very "Spanish-looking" friend convinces the bouncer to give Jackie, Caitlyn and I a free round of shots and a mixed drink. HI-OHH.
So we go right in (oh, I was sure to wear some cute flats with my outfit because I've been turned down for wearing my blue boat shoes...I mean whatever for? Ha.)
It was a blur but I am happy to report as a non-dancer I always have fun in the bars here because no one wants to dance which is really funny because Spain's Spanish counterparts in Central and Latin America love to get down. I'm coming to find that they are not who I thought they were at all.
I got to bed by 4 and I woke up fine. Then around 1 it hit me. Will I ever learn my lesson? Probably not, because if you are having fun while being destructive...well, then I don't mind my methods of mayhem in healthy doses.
However, I may need to refute that last statement now because when I went for a run on Saturday and I was still sweating out all that I drank and it is now Sunday and I'm still with a headache.
Alas.

So I've been talking with Kathleen and Chelsea about our plans for the great continent of Africa in May. And we will be in Morocco! Kathleen told me that her step-mother Dawn was thinking about coming and I told her that she should definitely come. And I meant what I said when I said, "the more the merrier" but now this is turning somewhat dictorial. Chelsea and I have planned Morocco for the past year when I found out that I was going to Spain for the year and we decided that it would be our badass trip together. Then Kathleen gets on board but with Dawn...she is proving to be a bit overzealous. She wants to do some wine tours in Spain and then go to Italy and somehow fit in Morocco! Kowabunga thats nuts.
I've just recently come back from Italy so I really don't want to go there and I've already seen Madrid...I wouldn't mind being there for 1 afternoon to see anything that I may have missed but other than that I want to be living la Arabic vida loca. Speaking of which, I really need to start learning some French. And somehow prepare my ridiculous sweat glands for a hellish ride in Morocco (women should be fully clothed while there...note: Morocco is also in the desert). Kathleen found a zip lining thing just outside Marrakesh and also we found some cheap camel tours for 3 days/2 nights and one of the nights we would get to camp under the stars!!!

So, I was really bummed that I missed my skype date with Nana and co. Everyone was supposed to be there this weekend for Gene's surprise party so it would have been cool if I could pretend that I was there, oh well.

I've been looking online for some food recipes to spice up our boring diet here in Spain but I have not had much luck because simple ingredients like basil or half-n-half don't exist here. Even strawberries are rare and VERY expensive. What the heck?

I don't know how to relieve pressure in my life. Its time that I start to learn too...I just put too much on myself for no reason. Like trying to figure out my life that awaits me in America from Spain and my loneliness. I have always been the single friend and its frightening that I already think the end of the dating road is descending upon me. I was telling Dad that I may just join a convent even though I would have to fake devotion to God. And I'm not willing to go on match.com because lets be serious: meeting someone online is weird. I don't think I could jump into something real that I first had with someone through an email...and I'm only 22. Way too young for that mess.

Oh and an update for a non-update (because I've never posted this before...I'm actually just going to update you on my own mistake).

I did not buy a pair of pants from H&M yesterday that I desperately needed because I read somewhere that they were running sweat shops and it was against my moral code. Well that is not the case for my beloved H&M. However, they deem it necessary to throw or destroy out their unsold merchandise instead of give it to charity. Went to the main website to see their recent statement on the allegations and they state that they only give clothing away to donations if the clothing is a piece and not worth anything and they would rather damage their clothing that is worth a buck than give it to someones deserving. I'm glad I didn't buy those pants.

Oh, and Walmart is in on that too. I don't go to Walmart anyway. We all know that Walmart has no idea how to be an ethically sound company. And it sick to think that they control 10% of our imports and exports.

Okay, thats enough for now...I have to do a lesson for my 4th year science class so they can just look at me all glossed over and manequine like when I try to explain the changes in matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment