Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Female MCs

I've never actually enjoyed too many female MCs out there...although, I will always have a spot in my heart for Salt 'N Pepa, Jean Grae (an amazing storyteller) and Lauryn Hill (even though she don't like us white folks) as well as Queen Latifah (I mean, she's an amazing business woman...with a solid career singing jazz standards...now ladies, thats a first) and Monie Love (Jungle Brothers, what what?!?)...but DON'T get me started on Lil' Kim or Trina (gag me with a rope)...

Getting off topic here but I heard this on DopeBoyz this morning (I really enjoy their blog because they have great insight to new music that should be heard today) but when I heard this piece:



I couldn't help but think that Nitty Scott sounded an awful lot like One Self:



I personally dig One Self's style a lot more....

No comments:

Post a Comment